Image Credit: Diane Burko, Arctic Melting, July 2016, 2, 2016, Oil and mixed media on canvas, 60 x 84 inches, Courtesy of the Artist.
These supplemental materials and teaching resources were developed in conjunction with the exhibition, Rising Tides: Contemporary Art and the Ecology of Water. Download the entire resource packet or each individual lesson below. Packet includes: pre-visit activities, post-visit activities, gallery activities, complete lesson plans for the classroom, glossary and a resource list.
- Lesson One: Arctic Melting by Diane Burko (477kb, .pdf)
- Lesson Two: The Elegy Series by Diane Burko (707kb, .pdf)
- Lesson Three: Empty Boat by Emily Brown (679kb, .pdf)
- Lesson Four: Ebb and Flow by Emily Brown (642kb, .pdf)
- Lesson Five: As the Sea Rises by Janet Filomeno (308kb, .pdf)
- Lesson Six: Floating Reef by Pat Martin (292kb, .pdf)
- Lesson Seven: La Mer by Marguerita Hagan (533kb, .pdf)
- Lesson Eight: Shattered Ice by Paula Winokur (482kb, .pdf)
- Lesson Nine: Flood River (The Slower Tide) by Stacy Levy (coming soon!)
- Glossary (387kb, .pdf)
- Bibliography and Resources (405kb, .pdf)