With a little creativity, these activities also work at home or in the classroom.
Our Family Guides will engage children, adults, and art lovers of all ages while exploring the Michener Art Museum and its galleries.
- Steve Tobin Family Activity Guide (.pdf, 1.97 mb)
- Discover and Learn (.pdf, 842k)
- Looking at Sculpture (.pdf, 727 kb)
- Offering of the Angels: Treasures from the Uffizi Gallery (.pdf, 2.92 mb)
Special Exhibit Activities
A selection of gallery activities are available in conjunction with the exhibition, Unguarded, Untold, Iconic: Afghanistan through the Lens of Steve McCurry, on view from July 16, 2016 to October 23, 2016.
Below are activities that were created for The Mind’s Eye: 50 Years of Photography by Jerry Uelsmann which was on view from January 19, 2013 through April 28, 2013. Below are activities created for this exhibition. Visit our Classroom Connections page for activities related to the classroom.
These activities were created in conjunction with the exhibition, Offering of the Angels: Treasures from the Uffizi Gallery, which is now closed. Additional activities can also be found on our Classroom Connections page.
- Detail Detective: The Annunciation (.pdf, 268kb)
- Detail Detective: Rest on the Flight to Egypt (.pdf, 272kb)
- Detail Detective: The Nativity with the Shepherds (.pdf, 373kb)
- Detail Detective: Madonna and Child (.pdf, 256kb)
- Detail Detective: The Burial of Christ (.pdf, 298kb)
- Renaissance Symbol Guide (.pdf, 636kb)
These activities were created in conjunction with the exhibition, The Painterly Voice, which is now closed. These contain a series of activities in looking at Pennsylvania Impressionist and Modernist works including Daniel Garber, William L. Lathrop, Fern Coppedge, Louis Stone, and others.
- Painterly Voice Looking Activities (.pdf, 1.3mb)
These activities were created in conjunction with the exhibition, To Stir, Inform and Inflame: The Art of Tony Auth.
- Exploring America’s History with Tony Auth (.pdf, 443k)
- Create a Motive like William Lathrop (.pdf, 62k)
- Portraits: Finding a Friend (.pdf, 45k)
- Taking Time to Look (.pdf, 121k)
- Write a Text Panel (.pdf, 124k)
- William Lathrop: A Poetic Approach to Nature (.pdf, 78k)
Talking About Art
- Taking Time to Look (.pdf, 112K)
- Ten Ways to Use Art in Your Classroom (.pdf, 138k)
- Top Ten Questions to Ask About Art (.pdf, 153k)
- Top Ten Quotations About Art (.pdf, 185k)
- Top Ten Michener Works (.pdf, 199k)
- Top Ten Buildings(.pdf, 189k)
- Top Ten Artists for Preschool Students(.pdf, 250k)
- Top Ten Artists for K-3 Students(.pdf, 244k)
- Top Ten Artists for 4-6 Students(.pdf, 243k)
- Top Ten Artists for High School Students(.pdf, 245k)
- Top Ten Art Vocabulary Words for Preschool Students(.pdf, 197k)
- Top Ten Art Vocabulary Words for K-3 Students(.pdf, 198k)
- Top Ten Art Vocabulary Words for 4-6 Students(.pdf, 202k)
- Top Ten Art Vocabulary Words for Middle School Students(.pdf, 199k)
- 12 Questions to Ask About Contemporary Art(.pdf, 122k)